Sunday, April 1, 2007

A weekend o' books

Princess Academy by Shannon Hale

I read The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale earlier this year. This is for slightly younger readers. It's great. It's set in this mountain village; the king's advisers decided that the next princess will be from this village. So they set up an academy to train the eligible girls for society. The characters are interesting and there are some nice magical touches.

Storm Front (The Dresden Files, Book 1) by Jim Butcher

A friend recommended this to me as an amusing read. This was fun; it was another in the many series that involve the supernatural. In this case, a wizard. He was a good character. It was quick. I think I prefer Kim Harrison's books, but I would read more of these.

The Curse of the Singles Table: A True Story of 1001 Nights Without Sex by Suzanne Schlosberg

This was a memoir. I think the title explains pretty much all there is to say about it. I just picked it up randomly from the new books at the library, but it was fun.

No comments: