Thursday, April 5, 2007

Make new friends, but...

Here are some images that have caught my eye recently. A mix of silver and gold.

First is Helen Mirren's Oscar outfit. I didn't watch the Oscars, but I saw this in a magazine and I adore it. She looks so lovely in it and it fits her so well. It is intricate, but still simple.

Somehow it reminds me of this Marimekko glass. The pattern is called Marrakech, not that surprisingly. It also comes in shades of blue. You can get it on fabrics, etc. as well.

This last image is from Celine Dupuy.
It comes from one of her books, I believe. I really like how she took something simple and made it look so sophisticated, without going crazy. It's just silver buttons. I don't think the husband would be up for that, but I'd like to try something similar. Maybe on a pillow, instead.

No comments: