Friday, November 12, 2010

Woundikins!*

Who doesn't love the OED? I was actually quite saddened when I lost access to it for awhile, because my library didn't subscribe. Thank goodness I've gotten it back. You can spend hours all up in there.

So when I found out about Save The Words, I had to look at it. Words that were considered obsolete -- saved! You can adopt your own, which you are then to help bring back into circulation. I like woundikins, which has the advantage of both being and describing a mild curse.

There are heaps more good words, of course. You should look at it. Absquatulate on over there (that word is not considered obsolete, of course...).


* via Google, I see that I am not the only person to adopt this as an entry title. Perhaps something about the word woundikins demands a bang?

No comments: