Saturday, April 27, 2019

27 Avril

And today, it was super rainy.  Not that I noticed too much, since I slept until 13:30 (thought I was over jet lag, but perhaps I was overly hasty).

Went out for coffee at a local cafe/bike supply shop.
I was reading a book on French history, told via Métro stops, but ended up watching some World's Strongest Man competition (yes, as you expected, Canada's Jean Francois Caron won) and some rodeo (the men and the bulls are competing, I guess).  And some tennis, but that was much less captivating, I'll be honest.

Proceeded to get groceries.  Despite British comedians joking that Europeans only have paprika-flavoured crisps, I found both cheeseburger and roast chicken.

There is a bakery essentially across the street from me, which has been the source of my baguettes.
This is not from today, but I also got a dessert there.  Look how cleverly it was packaged, using just paper.  It was sort of a macaron, but with a cream and fresh raspberry center.

And here is a picture of my place from the outside.  You can't see my unit from this view, but you can see the entrance (it's the green door slightly to the left).

No comments: