Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's always terribly irritating to everyone but the heroine.

The Green Man: Tales from the Mythic Forest and A Wolf at the Door: and Other Retold Fairy Tales both edited by Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling.

I got both of these while up in San Francisco. One at Green Apple Books; the other at Borderlands. SF has such great bookstores; you'd think LA would be able to compete, but somehow it can't. I love several bookstores in the LA area, but none of them are as good as the ones up north.

Anyway. The Green Man is a fantasy collection with many of my favorite authors. It's lovely. A Wolf at the Door I probably liked even more, because it's more specifically about fairy tales. Datlow and Windling have the best fairy tale anthologies, I think.

I also finished The Pocket Stylist: Behind-the-Scenes Expertise from a Fashion Pro on Creating Your Own Look. It was okay, but nothing special. I'm no expert on clothes, but I felt like I already knew most of this stuff.

No comments: