Thursday, March 8, 2007

"Most people will find you much more attractive if you smell like freshly baked cookies than Lysol."

Organic Housekeeping: In Which the Non-Toxic Avenger Shows You How to Improve Your Health and That of Your Family, While You Save Time, Money, and, Perhaps, Your Sanity by Ellen Sandbeck

I must confess that I like books about housekeeping. It's some sort of weird sickness. I own and have read multiple times Home Comforts: the Art and Science of Keeping House. The problem with that book is: when I finish it, I always feel like I'm living in squalor.

Organic Housekeeping is both a lot more reasonable and more geared towards being environmentally friendly. I really like all the suggestions for ways of cleaning that don't involve nasty chemicals. And the more laid back view of what it means to be clean. Plus, she's funny.

No comments: