Saturday, August 18, 2007

It's Curtains for You.

My parents were here this week and we did just heaps of chores. I will share more pictures of them later, when I have finished them. But one thing was making curtains for our bedroom, with my mom (thanks, mom!) . We ended up choosing a light green linen. Originally we had planned on dupioni silk, but this had a similar cool texture and was a bit more laid-back. They turned out really, really well.
This picture doesn't quite show the color correctly -- it's a loden green, I'd say. The back is one of the nice parts, but I have no picture of it at the moment. We made a border of the linen around the sides, so that the lining fabric is hidden if there is a breeze. You can sort of see it in the picture, because it's blocking more light. Thank goodness for my mom, because I would never have tackled it on my own.

Now I'm really liking linen for the bedroom. I may buy some more and make pillows. I also noticed that Garnet Hill has some nice ones, by Eileen Fisher. I like her clothes quite a bit, and these are also well done. A very soothing color palette. Wouldn't you like a have breakfast in bed in this?
Next: my adventures in painting or how my dad saved the day.

No comments: