Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Teacups & Kicking

Last weekend I went down to LA for my brother-in-law's 21st birthday. There was alcohol involved, although not for me. Also: Muay Thai Kickboxing. This was actually much more interesting than I expected. I thought it would be people beating the hell out of each other. And it was, but there was also quite a bit of artistry involved. I'd consider going again, if I could find a venue that wasn't too expensive. $40 is a bit steep.

We also went to see the Eva Zeisel exhibit currently showing at the Craft and Folk Art Museum. I've been there a couple times before and it is a very nice space. Only 2 floors, so the exhibitions are generally a bit small. But very nicely laid out. I much of Eva Zeisel's work -- particularly some of her Hallcraft stuff. They also had some things I hadn't seen before, like these salt shakers:
The museum has a lovely little gift shop, too. And it's only a few blocks from LACMA.

No comments: