Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Festive Images

It's gray and gloomy out, which means two things:
1. I can't take good photographs of the decorating I've done (no tree this year, but that hasn't stopped me from putting out some ornaments).

2. I want some pretty pictures.
So I've turned to the treasure trove that is my photo folder. Naturally, I thought I'd share.

These lights are from Real Simple. I do like the big lights, although they are a bit harder to find. And, of course, we should all be getting the LED lights, since they are more energy efficient and don't run as hot.

This mistletoe is from CB2. Well, they will only sell you the vase; you're on your own for the greenery. It's a nice modern take on a classic idea. If you want to hang a parasite from your ceiling, this could be a nice way to go.
From Apartment Therapy SF, an Anthropologie window. I don't know how they do it, but they always have really inspirational displays. And normally they are based on fairly simple concepts. But done with a lot of flair.
If you follow the link to Apt. Therapy, there is a how-to on this garland. If'n you feel like making one.

No comments: