Tuesday, January 1, 2008

7 Shots of Sin

So, I'm sure you're all mad with curiosity about my brother-in-law's present, to which I earlier alluded. Well, fret not: your wait is over!

Since he recently turned 21, I thought a good present would be shot glasses. Aided slightly by the fact that when we were Christmas shopping he mentioned he was looking for shot glasses. But, since he is cool, I didn't want to just get him any old set of shot glasses.

Instead, I thought: seven sins shot glasses! (This idea was probably partially prompted by seeing these plates by trixiedelicious. They are awesome, but out of my price range at the moment). So it became a DIY project. I went out and found 7 shot glasses. Or seven glasses of approximately shot size; one of them is actually an egg cup.
Then I wrote on them using a special pen designed for writing on porcelain/glass -- after it dries, you put it in the oven for 30 minutes and then it becomes dishwasher, microwave & food safe. Here are a bunch of close-ups of the results. I had to put something in most of the cups in order for the writing to be clear enough to photograph.







I may consider doing some more of this sort of thing. I very much like the idea of repurposing old plates. And it's quite the thing recently, e.g., Sarah Cihat.

No comments: