Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sèvres

As previously indicated, my friend David came to visit. On Saturday, we went out to a galette place near me (i.e., crepes but made of buckwheat). It was excellent.  It was crazy rainy and hailing (again!).

We went to the Sèvres Ceramics Museum, which is outside the city to the southwest. It was quite large and I will not subject you to remotely the number of photos I took. Here are a few that give a sense of the breadth of the collection and how it was displayed (there were also multiple rooms of majolica and 18th century stuff, which it turns out I do not much care for). Plus a few pieces that I just really liked.









Then, we wandered around the Marais a bit.  David got some linens (and I discovered -- to my horror -- that perhaps my towels were sold out).  Went to BHV, a department store; I picked up a belt that I'd ordered online (which I will now have the fun task of returning, but I think my French is up to it).  David got a scarf: très français. Then dinner: falafel and assorted dips.


No comments: