Sunday, January 21, 2007

"Sipping a Demitasse o' Diplomacy"

McSweeney's Book of Lists: Mountain Man Dance Moves.

I reread about half of this while taking a bath. It was a bit of an impulse purchase a few months ago -- I was (naturally) attracted by the cover and then I couldn't put it down.

McSweeney's can be so funny... And, really, who doesn't need lists of:
  • Things Koala Bears Would Say
  • Popular Songs Renamed Along the Lines of the Cattlemen's Beef Board Ad Campaign "Beef, It's What's For Dinner" (Me, It's What's for Leaning On; Wu Tang Clan, It's What Ain't Nothing Ta Fuck Wit)
  • Pickup Lines: The First Draft (Your father must have been a thief. I don't know, you just have the look of someone who was raised by criminals.)
  • Popular Singers Inspired by Fats Domino and Chubby Checker (Paunchy Stratego; Morbidly Obese Battleship and -- my favorite -- Hungry Hungry Hungry Hippo)
  • etc.

No comments: