Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's All About Catching Up

More books! Hurrah!

Among the Imposters, Among the Betrayed & Among the Barons all part of the Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix. These are set in a future where famines have lead to a government takeover and the outlaw of more than 2 children. It follows various third children and how they attempt to integrate into society (illegally: they are killed if discovered). These are written for a younger age than I normally read, but I'm enjoying them. I have the next three (!) on hold from the library.

Here Lies My Heart: Essays on Why We Marry, Why We Don't, and What We Find There This anthology is a bit of a mix. I enjoyed most of the essays, though. I tend to be interested in writing on marriage. I'd say that The Bitch in the House is probably a better bet, although the two have slightly different goals. This has a great cover, though. Love the knots.

Don't Try This At Home: Culinary Catastrophes from the World's Greatest Chefs Again, a sort of mixed bag. Some of the chefs aren't really talking about catastrophes, for one thing. They were almost all entertaining, though. There is something fascinating about the world of chefs, I think.

No comments: