Wednesday, May 8, 2019

A Rainy Walk around the Haut Marais


Again, it rained.  In fact, it hailed, which – based on the fact that the barista ran outside to photograph it – is rare.  I was loath to leave my room, but I finally forced myself to, because I wanted to get some bread and milk (like some sort of ersatz little Red Riding Hood). (This was before the hail.)

Ended up walking through the Marché aux Enfants Rouges, which is full of little food stalls.  Then went to Empreintes which sells art: ceramics, glass, wood.  

Anyway, guess what I own now.

 Here is a picture of a random street in the area, just for a sense of what it looks like.

Had coffee with a poppyseed-rhubarb cake. I love Europe's use of rhubarb. Thank you for not adulterating it with strawberry. This is when the hail occurred, but I was safely ensconced in a corner, drinking coffee.
There appeared to be a break in the rain -- lies! as it turned out -- so I went home.  Stopped at a bakery that has won awards for best baguette and best croissant.  I'm sure being carried around in a soggy bag means that they won't be as wonderful as they could be, but I'm guessing they will still be pretty darn decent.  


1 comment:

Shari said...

I can almost taste it.

I'm testing to see how it works to leave a comment here.